Reality vs Illusion

A poem on Life and Death

I have shared my perspective of Life through this poem. I am eager to hear from my readers what they think of it. All opinions and discussions are welcome.

Note- Smartphone users should hold phone in landscape mode for better readability.











I am you and you are me
As thin as air, you can never see
Your entity is at risk, cause I am alive
Yet if you kill me, you can't survive 
When the time comes, let me go
To meet my fate and my foe
Void is your love and senseless your care 
Your paper is worthless like you in the fare 
Constrained by time ,limited I am
Yet you save , worry ,and cry in pain
You love me the most, only selfishly 
Put me above all your joy preciously 
Yet i will betray you one day
What you save will burn one day                               
You wouldn't be at your funeral feast
People may cry for you at least
Matters not whom did you love or hate
You are bound to submit, to your ultimate fate
You may search for meaning in life
Abuse, go to war, and die in strife
I wouldn't tell you the time of my arrival
Don't take life as a game of survival.
You won't rejoice the biggest event of life
Unprepared you will go with the immortal wife
Leaving the burden of earth and its dwelling
The soul of memories in the memory sailing.
What you create, let other remember
Nothing is for you, you must surrender 
The respect you earned ,the fame you gained.
May leave their mark in the time of sand.
But soon the ego "I", would melt like Ice.
Evaporate never to be seen by eyes.
The rich, the poor, politicians and all.
Become ash or fossils buried in the soil.
Why chase empty dreams and desires then?
When I won't be left behind to rein.
But must you do what is to be done.
Live detached, life is not a race to run.
But if you do, how far can you reach?
Only to submit to my sermon I preach.

               ---- ©Ambar Pathak

Comments

  1. Very good post. You have penned down a nice poem on life and death. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my favourite writer Brother 💚🌿
    You teach me a lot of things...
    जीवन में जो प्रलाप करते हैं,
    वो जीवन से विमुख होते जाते हैं,
    जीवन के अर्थ को भेदना कठिन है...
    बस आत्मानुभूति ही हमें सब बोध कराती है.....
    LOVE YOU MERA BINNU🤗♥️😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too are my favourite writer, dear sister. Love you too.

      Delete
  3. I totally get your fascination with Life & Death, which is great.
    "I wouldn't tell you the time of my arrival, Don't take life as a game of survival" - this is something.
    This is Life Man. Live it fully every day.
    I wish you great success and keep going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Homofuge. Your words are inspiring and would surely boost the creative force inside me. I, too, wish you the best things in life.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment